P1010853 Catching a  Ride P1010852 Choo choo x-mas card P1010817
previous  next older  contact d-land
notes g-book taco bellisms


January - October 2007

PPP Direct

July 09, 2004 - 10:14 a.m.

False Alarm

Last night I made my first call to the ob for a “problem.” I’m generally pretty even-kill and it takes quite a lot to freak me out. Hell, when I was in labor with Peyton, it was progressing so smoothly that I couldn’t decide when to go to the hospital. When we finally made the trip, the nurse was sure she would be sending me home, but lo and behold, I was at 7 centimeters.

So, last night when I got home for work, I made my usually run to the restroom, because Lord knows, that 10-minute drive lasts f o r e v e r sometimes. When I wiped (sorry for the visual), I noticed a spot of blood. It was pretty red too. I calmly let the dogs out, got Peyton a drink, I made myself comfortable on the couch. I called my best friend, who’s pregnant too, she grabbed her book and we hashed out the possibilities. It pretty much boiled down too, if it’s not a lot of blood, there’s probably no cause for concern. So, we chatted a bit longer and then I hunkered down for a night of doing nothing.

Not surprisingly, I went to the bathroom like every 30 minutes just to “check” on things you know and all was well in hoo-hoo land.

Larry arrived home about 7:30 after picking us up some dinner, and I went to the bathroom again. This time there was a small strip of blood when I wiped. That’s pretty much when I started to freak out.

I wasn’t so much worried about the baby, but more so problems with my cervix, or placenta previa, where the placenta starts separating itself from the uterus. I went and laid down and called my mom. “Call the doctor, then call me back.”

Freak out mode full alert.

I called the service, who quickly told me they’d get a hold of my doctor then I sat on the bed, tears streaming down my face, willing the baby to move.

This baby is going to be as stubborn as Peyton.

30 freakin’ minutes later, my ob calls. By then I had resumed some sense of calm and was able to talk to him without my voice hitching.

“Are you having any pain or cramping?”


“Is it a lot of blood?”


“Then don’t worry about it. Monitor it like you have been, and if you see it in the morning, give me a call, but otherwise, don’t worry about it.”

He assured me I did the right thing by calling, but that everything sounded fine.

Luckily, all has been well in hoo-hoo land this morning and I’m not subjected to bed rest for the next 5 months.

Unfortunately, we may have to forgo the morning romp for a few days. Damn, just when sex seemed fun again.